Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Again

"Home" can be a multifaceted or an ambiguous term. Either way, I am back home again--from being home. The LORD kept me safe once again as there was black ice with which to contend at the start of my trip. I lost control of my car on the on-ramp from 17 to 39North. I am really not sure how I didn't end up in either ditch, but I am grateful I didn't. My old drivers ed "stear into the turn" reminders were flashing through my mind. Thankfully, my life didn't flash before my eyes!

My trip to visit friends and family in Peoria and Bloomington was nice. Those places are so familiar and comfortable. I had the chance to visit my old church, Bethany Baptist in Peoria on Sunday. My former pastor was at our church plant and so I didn't get to hear him. Maybe next time.

I hope to return in the spring so I can visit my old school, Cornerstone Christian Academy, and my former students and co-teachers.

May 2009 bring many unexpected joys and blessings to you.

Sharon lee

No comments: